Overview and History
Global Tax Free Pte Ltd is the first Asian tax
refund agancy with an international presence.
Overview and History
Global Tax Free's remarkable success is based on its superior reputation for providing fast, reliable and quality tax refund service.
Founded in December 2005, Global Tax Free is the world’s first Asian tax refund agency. Headquartered in Korea, it started out as Taxfree Korea Co Ltd, operating the very first tax refund desk at Gimhae International Airport in Korea in 2005.
Growing from strength to strength, it has branch offices in Jeju Island, operates tax refund desks in Incheon International Airport, Busan International Airport, Jeju Island Airport and partners various tourism related agencies in China and Japan. Staffed by 120 professionals regionally, Global Tax Free is now present in Korea, Japan, China and Singapore.
Partnering with over 4,000 affiliated merchants in the region, Global Tax Free offers tourists an efficient way of shopping tax-free through its extensive and international network of retail and lifestyle stores.
With the opening of the Singapore office in July 2014, Global Tax Free is set to expand its footprint further into the Asia region. Tapping into the international connectivity and accessibility of Singapore, Global Tax Free is fully committed to providing fast and reliable tax refund services for international shoppers in Singapore.
Global Tax Free Singapore is authorised by Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) as a Central Refund Agent (CRA) in Singapore, thereby licensed to provide tax refund services to tourists.
To be the preferred and trusted tax refund partner of tourists and merchants globally.
- • Designated corporation for Tax Refund on Hotel Tax Charges
- • Business alliance with Chinese tourism website YIQIQUBA
- • Registered Tax Refund Corporation in Japan
- • Business collaboration with Bank of China in China and Hong Kong
- • Official opening of the Singapore office
- • Collaboration with Alipay, the biggest online payment company in China
- • Operation of 17 Downtown Tax Refund Desk in major department stores
- • Attainment of Singapore GST Tax Refund Licence
- • Opening of Incheon Port Int'l Passenger Terminal Tax Refund Desk
- • Opening of Busan Port Int'l Passenger Terminal Tax Refund Desk
- • Opening of Jeju Airport Tax Refund Desk
- • Company rebranded from Taxfree Korea to Global Tax Free
- • Incorporation of Global Tax Free Pte Ltd in Singapore
- • Development of electronic Tax Refund System (eTRS)
- • Opening of Incheon Int'l Airport Tax Refund Information Desk and Tax Refund Desk
- • Establishment of Jeju Branch and appointment as the Value Added Tax refund desk operator
- • Collaboration with Korea Tourist Service Inc. and LOTTE Card for Korea Pass Card
- • Patent Application for electronic Tax Refund System (eTRS)
- • Company established as the first Korean Tax Refund Company in the world
- • Opening of Gimhae Int'l Airport Tax Refund Desk
- • Patented system for process of Value-Added Tax, Special Consumption Tax, Education Tax, Refund receipt and registration of tax refund programme
- • Collaboration with Smartro, Visa Korea, MasterCard and JCB