Tax Refund Procedure
Tourists can shop at any Global Tax Free affiliated retail stores in Singapore and enjoy savings of up to 6% on purchases with a minimum spend of SGD100.
Follow these 3 easy steps:
1. Shop – When you shop at any store displaying the Global Tax Free logo, request for an Electronic Tourist Refund Scheme (eTRS) ticket upon payment of your purchases and present your passport for proof of eligibility and credit card as a token.
2. Retrieve – At the airport, proceed to the eTRS self-help kiosk together with your passport, goods, receipts and eTRS tickets. To process the refund, swipe your passport at the eTRS self-help kiosk and follow the simple step-by-step instructions.
3. Claim – Proceed to the GST Refund Counter located at the Departure Transit Lounge with the relevant documents to get your cash refund.*
*Please note that a service fee will be deducted from the full GST refund Amount
Tax Refund Payment Mode
Tax refunds can be paid to tourists via :
- • Cash – available at the GST refund counters at the airport
- • Credit Card – available for VISA and Mastercard holders
- • Cheque – available at the GST refund counters at the airports.